Saturday, September 03, 2005

I ran across the road and picked up the lifeless body of my son

We were pastoring in Dawsonville Ga in 1980. One day our youngest son, Steven who was six years old at the time started to cross the busy highway in front of our house to play with his friend. He ran to cross the highway but did not see the picup truck coming around the curve. The truck was running about 55mph. The driver applied his breaks but there was no time to slow the truck.

I was on the lawn mower and turned just in time to see this happen. I ran across the road and picked up the lifeless body of my son.

I lifted him up and said: "Satan, in the name of Jesus you cannot take my son." Then I said, "Father in the name of Jesus let him live." That very instant he caughed and started breathing.

He came out of this with three cracked bones in one foot. To God be the Glory.

A neighbor also saw the accident and said; "I cannot believe Steven survived this."

Today he is 31 years old and looks like a linebacker.